Please continue reading if you’re using Bitdefender. If you’re not using Bitdefender, please skip to the bottom of this page.
We contacted Bitdefender team immediately when we found this problem, and Bitdefender team has resolved this issue in Bitdefender version 22.214.171.124.
To resolve this issue, you need to verify the build number of Bitdefender on your PC first by right-clicking on the Bitdefender icon in the Notification Area and select About.
The build version is displayed below Product information.
If the build version of Bitdefender on your PC is lower than 126.96.36.199, you should update Bitdefender first.
To update Bitdefender, right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the Notification Area and select Update Now.
If the build version of Bitdefender on your PC is 188.8.131.52 or higher but this issue persists, please follow the steps below to resolve it.
1) In Bitdefender, Navigate to the Protection panel. Then select Exceptions in the ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION section.
2) Type dow1.drivereasy.com in the box and click ADD.
3) Type dow2.drivereasy.com in the box and click ADD. Then click SAVE to save the changes.
Normally, you can resolve this issue after adding the two domains above to the exception list.
What to do if I’m not using Bitdefender?
If you’re not using Bitdefender and you see this error message, please provide us the following information so that you can assist you better. We will get back and help you solve the problem soon.
- The Antivirus software you’re using on your computer
- Feedback of your system information
You can use the Driver Easy Feedback tool to send the information above to us. Here’s how to do it:
1) Open Driver Easy and click Feedback.
2) Enter your email address and the subject of this feedback (e.g. Download error). In the Description part, tell us the antivirus software you’re using. Tick the box next to Export System Information for deep analysis and click Submit.